It is not for nothing that they say that all diseases arise from the nerves. That is why it is important to pay attention to strengthening your nervous system, which, among other things, affects the genitourinary system.
Features of the nervous system
The psyche and body are adze connected. Any change in one system leads to changes in the other. All this is reflected in the internal state. In neurology there is a separate direction - psychosomatics, with the help of which it is possible to establish a certain connection between mental reactions and their impact on human physiology.
As soon as a person becomes depressed or under stress, the body's defensive reaction immediately occurs - muscle tension. The body is constantly in tension, while the soul calms down. If such situations are very rare, then nothing harms the body.
But if this becomes a regular nature, then a psychosomatic illness may appear, which is difficult to identify. Physical ailments begin to appear actively, and psychological reasons are "deeply" hidden. As a result, doctors can spend years fixing the effects without knowing the exact root cause.
All processes within the body occur smoothly and smoothly, controlled by the central nervous system. But if there is a chronic focus of arousal in the brain, which is caused by negative emotions, the nervous system no longer performs the main function.
When an organism is left without a commander-in-chief, then failures gradually occur, which lead to the collapse of a single system. The work of every organ is disrupted. As a result, a person develops diseases of the heart, stomach, etc. In addition, other ailments appear: poor appetite, insomnia, apathy, irritation, lack of interest in what is happening and his life. In addition to the body, the psyche suffers. There is a feeling of anxiety, anxiety. From this observation it is clear why the nerves and psyche need to be strengthened. For this there is a huge number of special techniques, which are divided into 2 main groups: for the mind and body.
Strengthening the body
To restore the body and mind, you need to follow simple tips:
physical activity is positively reflected on the body. Constant movement, sports and other physical activity have a positive effect on the state of the body, and, consequently, the nervous system also improves;
control your diet. The body must daily receive the required amount of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are contained in food;
rejection of bad habits. Despite the fact that many are used to starting the morning with coffee and a cigarette, you should forget about this habit. And it is better to completely abandon all bad habits, such as alcohol, cigarettes, stimulants. The excitement that occurs due to receiving a dose of nicotine is quickly replaced by an inhibitory reaction;
sauna and bath. Such methods help to cleanse the body and soul. Elevated temperatures and hot steam together help to cope with many diseases, the body and nerves relax;
harden. Water has a positive effect on the nervous system. If you harden, then you can strengthen the immune system well. It invigorates and strengthens the body. There is a more extreme way of hardening - winter swimming. It may seem strange, but the health and tranquility of walruses can only be envied. If you descend into an ice hole, then the body will be very grateful;
drink water as much as possible. Many people know the 8-glass method. That is how much water a person should drink per day. It cleanses the body well, removing toxic substances;
massage. A great way to get rid of many ailments and relieve stress. The body gradually loses its flexibility, the joints become less mobile. A good massage will speed up blood circulation and start metabolic processes.
Nutritionists have developed a special diet for those who want to stop being nervous and start enjoying life. If the body lacks potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, then the nervous system and the entire body will suffer. It is especially important to take care of the intake of the required amount of magnesium.
You need to eat buckwheat, oat and wheat porridge more often.
Phosphorus relieves muscle tension and stabilizes the nervous system. The trace element is present in milk, cereals and beans.
Calcium - regulates the muscles and nerves. Contained in milk, nuts, cabbage.
Iron - contributes to the normal functioning of the thyroid gland, ensures the normal process of metabolism. Present in seafood, river fish, fruits, green vegetables, baked goods.
Potassium - normalizes the smooth functioning of nerves and muscles, is the prevention of stress and nervous breakdowns. The lack of a trace element can be replenished with vegetables, fruits, lean meat and fish, dried fruits.
Ancillary drugs and vitamins
To strengthen the nervous system and psyche, you should take sedatives and vitamins. Nerves react positively to vitamin B, so it must always be present in the body in the required amount. It is best to buy a package of Pentovit. It is sold at a reasonable price and contains 50 tablets, which contain vitamin B. It helps to reduce anxiety, tension, improve mood and relieve stress.
Vitamin C and E also help with stress. Vitamin A prevents premature aging of nerve cells, improves sleep.
Sedatives and pain relievers can be sold as tablets or drops. It can also be natural herbal tinctures. They are intended for:
preventing a possible agitated state;
normalization of the heartbeat;
reducing the reaction to irritating factors.
Treatment of diseases of the nervous system: central, autonomic and peripheral
The information is for reference only. Do not self-diagnose and self-medicate. See a doctor .
The nervous system is essential to control the mental processes in the human body. The ability to rejoice, be sad, think, move in space, etc., a person owes his nervous system. It is thanks to her that the body is able to quickly adapt to constantly changing conditions.
The role of the nervous system can be judged by the consequences that arise as a result of disruptions in its work due to illness. A person who has lost an arm or a leg continues to be a full-fledged member of society. He can hold a leading position, drive a car, write a book, defend a thesis. All this becomes completely impossible for a person who is not devoid of limbs, but has serious diseases of the nervous system.
The absence of disturbances in one of the main systems of our body determines the quality of life in general. According to statistics, in 80% of cases, the cause of the appearance of a dangerous disease is directly related to the state of the psyche.
According to experts, a person is able to live at least seven hundred years, provided that he is not exposed to seriousstress
The nervous system consists of two main elements: central and peripheral, which, in turn, includes 2 components - vegetative and somatic. The autonomic nervous system consists of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. The central nervous system includes the brain and spinal cord.
Treatment of diseases of the central nervous system
The approach to the treatment of disorders in the functioning of the central nervous system will depend on the nature of the onset of the disease.
Nervous diseases are divided into the following groups:
- Traumatic injury ... These can be bruises, crushing and other mechanical trauma to the brain. In addition to medical treatment, surgical intervention may be required if it is necessary to remove the hematoma.
- Hereditary diseases ... These include numerous disorders for which there is still no effective treatment. These are almost all types of epilepsy, neurodegenerative diseases, cerebral palsy, ALS and others. Since the problem is at the genetic level, there is no effective treatment for such cases, only symptomatic therapy is used. Chronic progressive diseases are often included in this group.
- Organic nervous disorders ... About the treatment of organic brain lesions in detail.
- Infectious diseases of the central nervous system ... Preference for treatment is given to antibiotics and symptomatic treatment.
- Vascular diseases ... This is one of the most common groups of diseases of the central nervous system. These diseases require an integrated approach. First of all, the patient needs to review the daily regimen and redistribute the load. It is also important to take care of a balanced diet. According to the indications, lipid metabolism can be corrected. When treating vascular diseases of the nervous system and recovering from them, it is often necessary to use medications: nootropic drugs (Glycine, Semax, Instenon and others) and angioprotectors (Doxium, Prodectin).
Autonomic nervous diseases
Experts identify several reasons for the appearance of problems with the autonomic nervous system. These include not only hormonal disruptions and hereditary factors, but also injuries, bad habits, improper diet, sedentary work, and the presence of foci of inflammation.
Sudden changes in temperature, allergies, and the uncontrolled use of potent drugs can also provoke a disorder of the autonomic nervous system.
A neurologist who is consulted by a patient with VNS diseases may recommend an examination. One of the most effective treatments is nutrition. Salty, fatty and spicy foods should be completely excluded from the patient's diet.
In addition, the patient needs to reconsider their habits and lifestyle. Probably, it was they who led him to the disease. Smoking and drinking too often alcoholic beverages should be avoided. If the patient has a sedentary work, it is necessary to replace passive leisure with active: go in for sports, more often be in the fresh air.
Physiotherapeutic methods are also successfully used in treatment. On the advice of a doctor, you can take a course of acupuncture or massage, do yoga.
Somatoform dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system is a state of the body in which a violation of neurohumoral regulation of the work of some internal organs of a person is characteristic. The appearance of dysfunction is due to several factors: stress, difficult childbirth, hormonal imbalance, infections, injuries, etc.
Only the attending physician can determine the presence of a problem. However, the patient himself is able to identify a disease, the obvious signs of which are the uneven distribution of excess fat deposits, meteophobia, pallor of the skin and some others.
Treatment for dysfunction will depend on its etiology. People prone to increased anxiety need psychotherapy. The patient needs to normalize the daily routine. Adequate sleep should last at least 8-10 hours. Reduce the number of hours spent in front of your computer or TV. The patient may also require physiotherapy procedures: electrosleep, ultrasound, galvanization, circular shower, etc.
In most cases, the patient needs one or more of the listed methods of treatment to completely get rid of the disease. If none of these methods helped, the doctor will prescribe medication. The patient takes antipsychotics, psychostimulants and tranquilizers. Sometimes it is permissible to replace drugs with herbal infusions.
Peripherals in danger
The presence of diseases of the peripheral nervous system can be said if a person has impaired peripheral nerves. Symptoms of the disease may include chilliness or heat in the arms and legs, weakness in the limbs, poor wound healing, and dry skin.
Treatment of the peripheral nervous system is aimed not only at eliminating unpleasant sensations, but at eliminating the cause of their appearance. Traditional in this case is drug treatment aimed at correcting the damaged nerve. Less traditional methods are also used, such as reflexology and manual therapy. Since the patient is constantly in pain, he is prescribed a course of medical blockades.
Radon therapy is a method of treating diseases of the peripheral nervous system, known to the ancient Romans. Radon baths were used to heal wounded Roman legionaries due to the fact that such procedures had anesthetic effect.
Treatment of the nervous system at home
Self-treatment of any diseases of the nervous system with folk remedies, official medicine, is not recommended. Without a medical education, the patient will not be able to correctly diagnose himself and determine the degree of danger of his disease.
However, at the first sign of a problem, it's okay to try to help yourself. The main signals that immediate help is needed can be insomnia, unreasonable anxiety and anxiety, and panic attacks. After experiencing severe stress, treatment should be started even before the first effects of the stressful situation appear.
TOP-3 universal remedies for the treatment of the nervous system, which are available to everyone:
- Mummy ... This remedy is recommended for such diseases of the nervous system as neuralgia, insomnia, radiculitis and others. An 8-10% solution must be rubbed into the skin for several minutes daily. The course of treatment is at least 20 days, after which you need to take a ten-day break. Along with the massage, it is recommended to take the mumiyo inside. Dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm milk. Then a few drops of the drug are added.
- Green oat juice suitable for depletion of the nervous system of the body, which is caused by another disease: thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus, anemia. For treatment, take the aerial part of the plant, which was plucked long before the beginning of flowering. Green oats must be passed through a juicer or meat grinder. The juice should be taken 2-3 times a day for half a glass. The duration of the course is 2-3 weeks.
- Hawthorn ... There are many recipes for cooking hawthorn for people suffering from diseases of the nervous system. One of them suggests taking 3 parts of hawthorn, 1 part of chamomile and 3 parts of motherwort. Pour boiling water over the mixture, cover and leave for eight hours. Next, the drink must be filtered and taken in half a glass one hour before meals 3 times a day.
Relax music to calm and heal the nervous system:
CNS AND PNS will be fine if ...
Any nervous disorder is always easier to prevent than to cure. To avoid diseases of the nervous system, it is necessary, first of all, to lead a correct lifestyle. Limit alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. A balanced diet is also a guarantee of the absence of problems with the nervous system.
The stresses to which modern man is subject can be considered the main cause of the occurrence of NS diseases. Since it is almost impossible to avoid nervous shocks, it is necessary to timely rid your body of the consequences of stressful situations.
Everyone finds their own way to relax. A hobby like sewing, knitting, painting, etc. helps to shift attention. However, you should not limit your leisure time to passive hobbies only. A walk in the park or the seaside will be equally beneficial.
The saying that all diseases are from the nerves is not devoid of truth. Diseases of the nervous system have a special property: they significantly impair the quality of life on the emotional plane, making the patient a pessimist.
All kinds of diseases of the nervous system are the scourge of modern society, which is forced to live at a frantic pace with great moral and physical stress under the constant influence of stress. Treatment of the nervous system should be started immediately at the first signs of discomfort or any abnormalities, since its diseases are best suited in the early stages and, when neglected, can not only cause serious harm to health, but also pose a real threat to human life. People who ignore nervous diseases of various etymologies can pose a potential threat to the people around them.
Diseases of the nervous system can be both clinical, causing serious disturbances in the physical or mental activity of a person and requiring the supervision of the attending physician, and ordinary stressful ones, caused by unfavorable living conditions and independently treated at home, except for neglected cases.
Stressful diseases of the nervous system include:
- Overwork: weakness, apathy, decreased appetite, sleep disturbance (both increased sleepiness in the overwhelming majority of cases and insomnia), bad mood, depression, a sharp drop in immunity, impaired mental stability and a tendency to tantrums. The symptoms of overwork are the same both for physical overwork and for emotional and psychological.
- Depression: depression, apathy, constant bad mood, gloomy thoughts, pessimistic mood, lack of desire to do anything and, in general, to live, dissatisfaction with people around and with matter for no particular reason, loss of self-esteem, anxiety, nervous irritability, impaired attention, sexual activity , sleep, appetite both up and down and an increase in the tendency to overwork and substances and actions that distract from reality (alcohol, drugs, drugs, religious and thematic trends), suicidal tendencies.
- Persistent insomnia: constant desire, but inability to fall asleep, intermittent disturbed sleep, too long period of falling asleep.
- Migraine: Persistent headaches that can occur on their own, but usually start with mild noise, mental or physical exertion.
- Falling immunity: immunity can fall both for a number of physical reasons, and, oddly enough, with increased pressure on the nervous system, which leads to a sharp unmotivated morbidity of both infectious diseases and various allergies, irritations, gastrointestinal disorders. exacerbation of chronic diseases, psoriasis, etc. Sometimes there are cases when a person again falls ill with those diseases that usually cannot be infected a second time, for example, chickenpox, severe causeless inflammation, bleeding (in women).
- Pain syndromes: pains of various dislocations and strengths that have no justified cause. Sometimes a person feels real pain in a certain place, and a thorough examination shows that he is absolutely healthy.
- Increased nervous excitability: sudden mood swings from screaming to sleep, from tears to laughter and vice versa, very sharp both positive and negative reactions to any even minor stimuli, impaired attention in both good and bad sides.
- Disturbance of attention: absent-mindedness, forgetfulness, inattention.
- Amnesia or memory impairment: both complete loss of memory for a certain period of time after too much stress for a person, and small lapses in memory (a person cannot remember what he did last night, what he just said or did, etc.). ), forgetfulness and absent-mindedness.
- Neurosis: decreased mental activity and performance, excitability, obsessions and phobias, increased nervous excitability, a person becomes unbearable for others, begins to feel symptoms caused by psychosomatic factors, including pain syndromes, becomes prone to inappropriate actions or actions that were previously were not peculiar to him.
- Neurasthenia: a weaker form of neurosis, which affects about 70% of the urban population, manifested in irritability, increased excitability and inability for prolonged physical and mental work, with difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbance and anxiety.
In addition to the main diseases caused by stressful effects on the human nervous system, there are also small subgroups with similar symptoms. In principle, all nervous disorders are interconnected and originate from each other. So, insomnia is a symptom of overwork, and overwork is a symptom of depression, etc.
The main difference between diseases is the degree of their influence on human behavior, his working capacity and the level of the ability to poison the life of both the patient himself and his environment.
The similarity of symptoms and the ability to pass one into another is due to common causes.
Causes of stress diseases:
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Physical stress.
- Mental stress.
- Moral stress.
- Long-term physical discomfort
- A sharp strong physical or mental stressful impact.
- A weak, almost imperceptible long-term stress effect, so the same tube of toothpaste that is not closed by her husband in a year or two may well lead to symptoms of some kind of disease.
- Postponed diseases of the brain or diseases that gave complications to the nervous system, weakening it.
- An unstable hormonal background tenfold increases a person's tendency to nervous disorders. If at least one hormone abruptly changes its level, then all functions of the body are disrupted and its reactions to the environment become incorrect.
- Physical exhaustion of the body caused by a lack of certain substances due to inadequate nutrition.
How to heal the nervous system
Proceeding from the fact that all nervous disorders are caused by practically the same reasons and are inextricably linked, the treatment of the nervous system occurs according to the same methods, which are divided into the treatment of the nervous system with folk remedies, as well as general and medication.
The general methods of healing the nervous system include moral and physical peace, long-term environment of the patient with a comfort zone, elimination of the stress factor at least temporarily.
Medication methods primarily involve the use of various drugs designed to reduce the sensitivity of the nervous system to stress factors and to slow down or slow down its reactions. These drugs include completely harmless motherwort, valerian, corvalol, stronger over-the-counter sedatives, and powerful prescription drugs, including hormonal ones. Treatment of stressful nervous disorders only with medicinal methods is not only ineffective, but also harmful, since many drugs are highly addictive and do not eliminate the very cause of the disease, which entails an even more violent reaction of the patient to the stimulus and a sharp deterioration in the condition as a result.
Only the attending physician has the right to prescribe certain drugs, since they significantly change the symptoms and have a strong effect on the already tortured nerves.
Also, medication methods include special sessions with a psychologist to help relieve stress, understand the cause of stress, or change your attitude towards irritating factors. Special neuropsychiatric sanatoriums.
The most popular safe and effective treatments for nerves are traditional methods. They allow you to treat the nervous system at home without losing your ability to work and without acquiring side effects. The only condition is to know your allergic reactions.
How to treat nerves with folk remedies?
Aromatherapy as a home remedy:
Plants with strong aroma and phytoncide secretion as a powerful passive treatment at home. It is quite easy to plant such plants in your home and, if there is such an opportunity, in your study, and they themselves will create a calming environment and even lower the pressure due to the substances they release. These include: geranium, lemon, orange, mint, rose, garden violet, lavender, lemon balm, pine twigs or resins.
- Geranium - very soothing, gives a feeling of comfort and security. In many schools, cunning teachers plant windows with a lot of geraniums and in these classes, students practically do not make noise, do not show aggression, concentrate better and get tired less.
- Lavender is a powerful sedative and even mildly hypnotic, helps to relax and rest better, is a small prophylactic against ARVI.
- Mint, lemon, orange strongly increase mood and performance, reduce fatigue, actively participate in the treatment and prevention of diseases of the respiratory system, scare off some harmful insects.
- Rose, garden violet, lemon balm - improve mood, cause a feeling of pleasure, which significantly reduces exposure to stress.
- Coniferous plants, first of all, strongly increase immunity, heal the respiratory system and strengthen it in general, which allows you to come to your senses very quickly, give pleasure.
Natural essential oils are a good substitute for living plants - healers, they can be constantly carried with you in special pendants, placed around the house or added to baths, at worst, warm your feet in the evenings or after work in warm water with their addition.
Traditional recipes for the treatment of nervous disorders
Decoctions and herbal infusions, honey, warm milk, various vitamin and nutritional mixtures, in addition to soothing, fill the body with vitamins and nutrients, the lack of which could well cause a disorder, increase immunity, give strength.
Soothes, relieves tension and stress:
- Oregano tea, brewed from oregano herb to taste, is unlimited in quantity and does not harm.
- Broth of blackberry leaves: boil 3-4 tablespoons of blackberry leaves in 0.5 l. water for 8 minutes and take 2-3 times a day, 250 ml.
- Ivan tea broth: about 3 tbsp. spoons for 0.5 liters. boil water for 5-10 minutes and leave for 2 hours. Take 0.5 cups several times a day half an hour before meals. Perfectly relieves headaches and insomnia.
- Tincture of hops or sweet clover: 2 tbsp. spoons for 0.5 liters. Insist boiling water for half an hour hops and two hours sweet clover. Drink 1 \ 4 hops 2-3 times a day, and 1 \ 2 cups of sweet clover.
- Hop tincture: for 1 share of alcohol, 1/4 of the crushed hop cones (by weight) is infused with periodic stirring in a dark place for a week and taken 1 teaspoon with a small amount of water several times a day.
- Tincture of dill seeds: boil 50 g of seeds over low heat for 5-10 minutes in 500 g of port or Cahors wine, let cool for half an hour and take 50-60 ml 30 minutes before bedtime.
Stimulates and empowers:
- Tea with mint, lemon, orange peel and lemon balm to taste.
- Primrose tea: 2–6 tablespoons of dried flowers per 0.5 l. steep boiling water to insist in the heat for 2 hours and drink 2-3 times for 1-0.5 cups.
Natural juices as medicine:
- In addition to treating nervous disorders, natural juices are beneficial for the whole body as a whole. To achieve a sustainable result, it is necessary to take them 2-3 times a day or more, 1 glass from two weeks.
- Grapefruit and pomegranate juice in case of severe overwork, both physical and mental, after an operation or a serious illness.
- Carrot juice with a breakdown and overwork.
- Orange and currant juices increase efficiency and endurance, relieve fatigue.
- Quince juice improves mood, relieves nervousness.
- Grape juice relieves anxiety, increases stress resistance.
- Watermelon, pumpkin, blackberry juices relieve stress.
- Rosehip juice has a complex effect on all symptoms, but it is taken in combination with other juices, for example, apple.
Treatment of the nervous system with folk remedies based on topical application
Folk remedies based on the local application of various compresses, rubbing, baths, powders that affect certain nerve endings and saturate the body with useful and anti-inflammatory substances by absorption through the blood.
- Healing baths with essential oils or herbal decoctions warm the body, giving it a rest period, hot water significantly increases the effect of essential oils, the properties of which were described above, and the addition of salts along the way heals various other diseases. It is an excellent tool for relaxation, stress relief, pain syndromes and quick relaxation. Indispensable in the fight against insomnia. In the absence of a normal recumbent bath, you can apply a hot foot bath in a regular basin or bucket.
- Sauna and baths have a similar effect to baths, only in a slightly enhanced version. They can also use essential oils and herbal teas.
- Mustard compresses relieve tension, stimulate the immune system, contain vitamins, warm and relax. They can be applied to the chest, back and feet. In the old days, grandmothers poured dry mustard into their socks for the night.
- Fir oil stimulates, improves immunity, relieves pain syndromes, treats sciatica, osteochondrosis, muscle inflammation, bronchitis.
- Honey compresses are able to relieve muscle spasms and pain syndromes caused by nervous disorders.
- A pillow full of dried hop cones works even with prolonged, untreatable insomnia.
- A compress from raw beets applied to the temples can relieve severe headaches.
When treating diseases of the nervous system, it is important to remember that although they sometimes seem harmless, they are actually a powerful enemy capable of delivering an unexpected blow, from which it will be difficult to recover. How to cure? It should be remembered that nerve diseases cannot be cured by self-control and willpower, if you try to endure and ignore the problem, then it can result in a serious nervous breakdown with unpredictable consequences.
In modern society, almost everyone experiences stress. You can use a variety of methods to relax, such as taking a bath or doing what you love. It is possible to restore the nervous system after severe stress without the help of psychologists only through personal efforts.
Read on for more details on how you can organize your mental health recovery in the shortest possible time.
General recommendations for the restoration of the central nervous system
Many are still convinced that nerve cells do not regenerate. Recently it was found that they are able to regenerate, but this process takes a long time.
To restore the nervous system, the production of endorphins is necessary, that is, it is necessary to receive positive emotions, while neutralizing the causes of negative emotions.
Recovery after stress and prolonged psychological stress
Long-term stress is dangerous not only for the psyche, but also for physical health.
To restore peace of mind will help:
- correction of the daily routine,
- proper nutrition,
- physical exercise,
- control over the internal state and timely action.
Actions must be consistent:
- first you need to find out the cause of the disorder,
- then decide on the method of treatment,
- and then clearly carry out a set of recovery procedures.
Restoration of organ systems
Stress disrupts the work of many internal organs: cardiovascular, digestive, hormonal, immune and other systems. The condition of hair and skin deteriorates. Heart attack, stroke, ulcer also refer to the consequences of nervous tension.
All these are psychosomatic disorders, that is, when the psychological state of a person destroys him from the inside and manifests itself in the form of bodily diseases. We can say that this is a problem of the 21st century.
A way to quickly help the central nervous system:
- Drink a glass of water in small sips ... Water restores blood clotting.
- Perform any physical action ... You can rearrange any object, walk, squat, etc.
This method has a short-term effect, and then attacks of pain in different parts of the body may reappear. In order for periodic pains to go away forever, you need to systematically work on yourself, using the techniques discussed later in this article.
Psychological techniques are popular because they are a quick and effective way to deal with disorders.
This system includes many tools:
- Psychoregulatory : relaxation, suggestion, hypnosis, etc.
- Psychological :
- improving relationships with family, friends and colleagues;
- providing oneself with high-quality and desired leisure;
- creation of material well-being;
- doing that very favorite work to your liking.
Using these simple methods, you can get rid of problems with the central nervous system.
Ways to restore the nervous system
The human body is capable of self-regulation. The death and renewal of nerve cells occurs regularly. There are several ways to speed up this process.
Adequate sleep and daily routine
You can restore the nervous system if you put your daily routine in order. An adult should sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.
It is recommended to go to bed and get up at the same time, even on weekends.
You should not stay late at work unnecessarily. Workaholics are most susceptible to breakdowns due to overwork.
The optimal time for sleep is from 22-23 hours to 7 in the morning. It is not for nothing that the army lights out at 22 o'clock, and the rise at 6 am With this regime, the body is restored in a natural way, and a feeling of vitality accompanies you all day.
Sports and exercise
Sports will help fight obsessive thoughts. It is difficult to force yourself to stop thinking about the problem, so you need to put a new task in front of your brain, which will take a lot of time to solve.
Physical activity looks like this:
- At the beginning of the session, the brain tries to find a solution to the problem.
- During physical activity, active muscle work begins.
- If training is long, then mental activity fades away and physical activity takes over.
For example, participants in long races (marathons) or bicycle races felt a complete lack of thoughts.
Herbal Nutrition and Vitamins for Nerve Repair
The mental state of a person depends on the intake of the following vitamins:
- B vitamins: B1, B6 and B12 ... Their lack leads to damage to the peripheral nerves.
- Vitamin A ... Retinol has an antioxidant effect.
- Vitamin E ... It stimulates the blood supply to the brain.
- Vitamin D ... Prevention of atherosclerosis.
All of these substances must enter the body in the required amount.
The list of foods that are good for the brain includes:
- Walnuts ... Replenish reserves of vitamins and microelements, stimulate and normalize brain activity.
- Blueberry ... Serves to improve memory.
- Carrot ... Slows down the aging of cells.
- Seaweed ... It is a source of iodine, without which the brain cannot function.
- Spinach ... A source of antioxidants and vitamins.
Herbs that strengthen the nerves:
- Elecampane ... Kvass made from it helps to cope with depression.
- Thyme, motherwort and oregano ... This collection helps in the treatment of neuroses.
- Lemon and motherwort ... Tincture from these plants relieves irritability.
- Pine needles ... A decoction of them improves the functioning of nerve cells.
Traditional methods: water procedures and a bath
Many people feel comfortable after visiting the bathhouse. Hot steam, acting on peripheral organs, reduces blood flow in the brain. As a result, the body completely relaxes physically and mentally.
A contrast shower in the morning will help strengthen the nerves at home. The temperature drop puts the body into a state of eustress. At the same time, brain activity is activated, and immunity is strengthened.
Recovering from stress is possible with the help of laughter therapy: watching comedies, attending comedians' performances.
During laughter, about 70 muscle groups contract, the body receives a large amount of endorphins.
In humans, the production of stress hormones is then reduced by 90%, and fatigue is reduced.
Animals help to recuperate after stress, because upon contact with them, a person develops positive emotions.
Cats help get rid of fatigue, normalize heart rate and blood pressure.
The best neuropathologists are considered to be long-haired animals: Siberian, Persian, Angora. They help relieve insomnia and irritability.
The color of the cat also affects its healing properties:
- black takes negative energy;
- redhead is a source of positive energy;
- cream tones up the emotional state;
- gray-blue has a calming effect;
- white cats are considered to be the leaders in the calming effect on the human body.
Sound therapy, music therapy
A favorite song can have a beneficial effect on an exhausted body. To do this, you need to sit in a comfortable chair and listen to your favorite songs.
In order not to search for the desired songs every time, you need to compile your own library in advance.
In addition to music, individual sounds can quickly restore the nervous system. The most common option is the sounds of nature: the noise of the forest, sea, rain, birdsong. If these sounds create positive emotions, they can be used regularly for treatment.
If you act on the body with essential oils, then the production of T cells, which stimulate the immune system and the work of the nervous system, increases by 6 times.
The positive effect of essential oils on the psychological state of a person will help restore the nervous system:
- Citrus aromas relieve depression symptoms.
- Basil, mint, juniper fight irritability.
- Lavender, bergamot and chamomile oils relieve despondency.
- Rose, tea tree and violet help with mental disorders.
- Geranium and sandalwood improve your mood.
- Melissa, jasmine, marjoram bring comfort.
Breathing technique, yoga, meditation
Correct breathing will help restore the nervous system after prolonged stress. This method helps to clear the mind of unnecessary thoughts. There is a special direction in yoga - breathing yoga. It is a breathing exercise that leads to complete relaxation.
- while inhaling, you need to inflate your stomach as much as possible;
- slowly raise the chest;
- exhale in the same sequence: first, the abdomen is deflated, then the chest.
Breathing should be slow and relaxing. This state is called meditation. In order to distract from all thoughts, you need to close your eyes during the exercise and think only about breathing. This relaxation technique is performed daily for 10 minutes (you can do it several times a day).
Also, you can pay attention to the ancient Chinese breathing practice -Qigong
Self-training (autogenic training) helps to restore the nervous system after stress due to the effect of self-hypnosis. This technique allows you to calm yourself down even in daily stressful situations. About 30 minutes of this therapy replaces 3-4 hours of proper sleep.
The idea of the workout is to guide you through a short story, completely relaxing your entire body and every muscle individually with the help of an audio recording containing a curated voice, pleasant sounds of nature and relaxing music.
The healing effect is manifested in the following:
- normalization of the emotional state, pulse and pressure;
- reducing anxiety;
- improving hormonal levels.
The benefits of a hobby and favorite work
A favorite activity to your liking will help you recover from severe stress.
People who have hobbies are less prone to mental disorders, because they experience positive emotions from their work.
It is important that work is also enjoyable, because it takes up most of the time.
Many do not have enough time to do something for the soul. Enough 1 hour a day to improve your mood.
- A woman can be engaged in modeling, drawing, knitting, decoupage, photography.
- A man can play the guitar, work out in a sports club or close minor everyday issues like fixing a tap, gradually improving his home and replenishing the pleasant emotions of being at home.
Any activity must necessarily bring pleasure or a logical and balanced justification for the need for this activity.
The method of using willpower is not for everyone - the use of intelligence has more natural and effective roots.
Nature, a change of scenery and new experiences
To restore the nervous system after stress, it is not necessary to fly on vacation to another country. You can hang out your friends, go to a nearby town, or go hiking in the woods. In every city there are many interesting places where you can go: parks, theaters and much more. You can just walk around new places in a pleasant company.
Pharmacy drugs for nerves and stress
Pills that help restore nerves after severe stress are presented in a wide variety in pharmacies.
All drugs are divided into 4 groups:
- Sedatives (Valerian, Validol, Valocordin). They are made from bromine or plant components. Their calming effect is weak. They act mildly and do not cause side effects.
- Antipsychotics (Sonapax, Tiapride). These are powerful stress pills. They are used in psychiatric medicine.
- Tranquilizers (Lorazepam, Atarax). Help relieve anxiety and fear without affecting cognitive function. A person can think and speak, he does not have hallucinations. These drugs are addictive, so they need to be used in short courses and under medical supervision.
- Normotimic medicines (Olanzapine). Stabilize the mood of patients.
Not everyone can take soothing pills. Any remedy can only be used with a doctor's prescription.
Prevention of nervous disorders is needed, for example, for people with increased responsibility, that is, managers, on whose activities the success of the entire company depends. Some of them learn to cope with stress so that it does not interfere with their professional activities.
The ability to cope with stress is necessary for children, because during the formation of a personality, any experiences can develop into phobias and complexes.
Prevention consists in methods of strengthening the psyche:
- change in attitude to the problem;
- work on thinking;
- the ability to switch from a problem to something pleasant;
- physical exercise;
- decrease in internal anxiety;
- psychological attitudes.
The goal of prevention is to change a person's life in a positive direction. When people are happy, they are less responsive to problems. You need to learn to prioritize and ignore minor annoyances. In addition, you should exclude unpleasant people from your social circle.
Any problem has its own expiration date. To solve it, you need to be confident in yourself, understand the cause of the troubles and find a way to influence them.
Calming Your Nerves: Dealing with the Effects of Stress
How often do you hear the word "stress"? Almost every day? This concept has become so familiar that we have ceased to be afraid of it. And in vain: stress is not just minor troubles without consequences. This is tension that accumulates and results in physicochemical reactions that deplete the body's internal reserves. Therefore, it is useful for everyone to know how you can calm your nerves.
What is stress and why is it so dangerous?
Any stress is a consequence of excessive psychoemotional and / or physical stress of the body, followed by the release of hormones such as adrenaline, norepinephrine and cortisol. This is the body's reaction to the effects of unfavorable external and internal factors. For example, when a person feels threatened, a physiological process takes place in his body, which is aimed at preventing a traumatic situation. This reaction is known as "fight or flight" and is accompanied by an increase in the adrenaline level in the blood.
Anything that causes an emotional outburst, even positive events, can become a stressful factor. Also, a lot depends on the individual characteristics of a person: what causes fear in one person may not worry the other at all. For example, someone is afraid to speak in public, while someone is accustomed and even pleasant to be in the spotlight.
External causes of stress may be:
- any changes in life: moving to a new place of residence, entering the university, changing jobs;
- financial difficulties;
- relationship problems;
- overwork at work or while studying.
К internal stressors can be attributed:
- feeling lonely;
- pessimistic outlook on life;
- life in a state of uncertainty, unfulfilled expectations;
- excessive self-criticism;
- somatic and mental illnesses.
- Death of a spouse or close relative.
- Separation from a spouse (without divorce).
- Personal injury or illness.
- Marriage, wedding.
Studies have shown that one in five people in the world are in a state of acute or chronic stress. Every second person faced stress during their life, and every seventh was unable to cope with the situation on their own [one] .
The main signs that the body needs to relieve stress are:
- Physical : headache and chest pain, heart palpitations, sweating, nausea, dizziness, stool disorders, frequent infectious diseases and exacerbation of chronic, libido problems.
- Mental and emotional : irritability, anxiety, bad and / or unstable mood, feeling of weakness and weakness, anxious thoughts, memory problems, poor concentration.
- Behavioral : eating disorders, the development of bad habits (including alcohol, drug abuse) or the aggravation of existing ones, social isolation, neglect of duties, sleep disorders, the development of nervous habits (a person begins to bite his nails, twitch, tap his foot or hand, and so on) ...
However, stress is not always a bad thing. It can give you a boost of energy to solve difficult problems, help you to shake things up and mobilize forces in a critical situation. This is what keeps a person on their toes during the presentation of an important presentation and encourages them to prepare for the exam when they most would like to see an interesting film. Our body is able to cope with small doses of traumatic situations. But prolonged or too strong stress is unlikely to do without adverse consequences.
The Importance of Addressing the Causes and Effects of Stress
If a person is in a state of stress, then his body is overstrained a significant part of the time. Gradually, this can lead to serious health problems, so you always need to relieve stress on time. It is known to have a negative effect on nervous activity, but in fact, stress has a detrimental effect on almost all body systems.
- Respiratory system: under stress, the load on the respiratory mechanism increases, breathing becomes more frequent, shortness of breath appears. If you already have a medical condition such as asthma or emphysema, the extra workload can trigger an attack.
- The cardiovascular system: the heart is also forced to work at an accelerated pace. Stress hormones cause your blood vessels to constrict and send more oxygen to your muscles, which can give you extra strength for physical action. However, this raises blood pressure and wears out the heart and blood vessels, which leads to the risk of stroke, heart attack, arrhythmia.
- Liver: When stressed, the liver releases large amounts of glucose into the bloodstream to provide energy. The body may not be able to handle this extra glucose release, so stress also increases your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Digestive system: too intensive production of gastric juice and increased work of the excretory system aggravates the corresponding diseases, causes heartburn and nausea.
- Libido and Reproductive Function: stress tires both the body and the mind. It is not unusual for chronic stress to suppress sexual desire. If stress continues for a long time in a man, then his testosterone level begins to fall. This can lead to erectile dysfunction or even impotence. In women, stress makes the menstrual cycle irregular and painful, and menopause symptoms worsen.
- The immune system: over time, stress hormones suppress the immune system and weaken the body's resistance. Therefore, a person often begins to get sick with ARVI and other infections. Stress also exacerbates the course of chronic illness and lengthens recovery time from illness or injury.
Summarizing the above, we can draw the following conclusion: it is really necessary to know how to calm the nerves. After all, a state of stress can lead to such consequences as:
- development and exacerbation of chronic diseases (hypertension, reflux disease, diabetes mellitus, bronchial asthma and others);
- reproductive dysfunction up to infertility;
- development of mental pathologies and addictions (depression, neurosis, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, cravings for gambling, alcohol, drugs);
- decreased immunity ;
- insomnia ;
- chronic pain ;
- social problems (Difficulty at work and school due to poor concentration, constant fatigue and negative thoughts).
On a note Prolonged stress leads to emotional and professional burnout. At the same time, for those who are prone to burnout, not only the quality of work decreases - they influence the team, become cynical, negative and pessimistic. Regular interaction with such people can quickly turn some colleagues into the same "burnout"  .
It is important to diagnose in time and quickly relieve nervous stress, because it tends to accumulate and worsen the situation more and more. The sooner help is provided, the faster and more effective it can be to get rid of negative consequences.
How to relieve stress: traditional and alternative ways
Whatever the cause of mental stress, you need to find the best way to calm your nerves and relieve stress. Today, a fairly wide range of methods of dealing with stress are available, both at home and with the help of specialists.
Homemade ways to calm your nerves:
- Phytotherapy ... Taking herbal sedatives helps prevent stress and somatic diseases. Practitioners report high adherence and good patient acceptance  .
- Aromatherapy ... Essential oils calm the nervous system well, normalize mental and physiological indicators. With the right approach and the absence of allergies, this technique stimulates the body's natural immune defenses. Aroma baths, inhalations, aroma lamps with lavender, basil, lemon balm, rosewood, sage, ylang-ylang, patchouli oils are used ...
- Physical activity - An effective method of how to calm the nerves without pills. Of course, you shouldn't exhaust yourself with heavy strength training, but moderate physical activity will distract you from worries and help break out of the cycle of negative thoughts that provoke stress. Pay attention to relaxation and rhythmic training options such as Pilates, yoga, swimming, dancing or walking.
- Healthy eating ... It is worth remembering the phrase: "We are what we eat." Diet can affect our mood and ability to cope with stressors. Adequate amounts of fresh fruits, vegetables, protein, omega-3s and vitamins will help your body cope better.
- Adequate rest and sleep ... Stress is often the cause of sleep disturbances, but lack of sleep can also cause stress. The constant feeling of fatigue prevents the body from recovering and relieving stress. Normalizing sleep is part of a must-have program for dealing with stress.
- Communication with loved ones ... Spending time with people who can be supportive and uplifting can help relieve stress. Social fencing is a bad idea, even when you are pressed for time.
- Establishing a mode of life ... Controlling your daily routine also means controlling your stress. It is important to evaluate how rationally your time is allocated for performing certain actions :to work, food, rest, sleep, communication with family, friends and relatives and so on ... If you need to relieve stress, you cannot do without normalizing your lifestyle.
Ways of how to relieve nervous stress at home should be taken into account by all modern people. They are available to everyone, they can be used on an ongoing basis and often even without leaving home. These methods do not require large costs and outside help. However, it should be borne in mind that they only help with mild forms of stress or serve as an adjunct to basic therapy. If the situation turns out to be neglected, then more effective means are needed.
At the moment, psychotherapeutic methods are among the main ones in the treatment of chronic stress. The advantage is the ability to work out the problem and emotions, learn how to properly respond to stress and resist the harmful influence of external factors. This is a whole system of therapeutic effects on the psyche (and through it - on the entire body and human behavior), which allows you to achieve results that last for a long time.
There are different methods of psychotherapeutic approaches for stress: gestalt therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, art therapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, and others. The psychotherapist will determine the technique that is right for you. The difficulty lies in finding a specialist you can trust and who will be qualified enough. Otherwise, the sessions will not be beneficial and may even harm.
Taking medications remains the most reliable and quickest way to relieve nervous stress. Therefore, if the body needs a break, you should not hesitate to go to the pharmacy.
Different groups of drugs are used depending on the situation. They are divided into vegetable and synthetic. Gained great popularity phytopreparations , since they have fewer side effects and contraindications with proven effectiveness and a high level of trust among pharmacists and buyers, because the experience of using herbal ingredients in medicine is very large.
A mild sedative effect is provided by preparations based on motherwort, mint, lemon balm, valerian ... The course of admission is usually from one to three months. Herbal remedies can also help manage heart palpitations and high blood pressure.
For severe symptoms of depression, it is often prescribed antidepressants ... Mild forms of depressive conditions can be eliminated with the help of phytopreparations, for example, based on St. John's wort ... For more severe forms, synthetic antidepressants are used and anxiolytics (tranquilizers) .
If sleep disorders are observed, your doctor may prescribe sedatives (sedatives) or sleeping pills facilities.
It is very important to monitor the level of vitamin and mineral balance in the body. Therefore, it is considered effective to take vitamins of group B and C, magnesium preparations and others.
Prescription drugs, especially antipsychotics and tranquilizers are prescribed in extreme cases when the patient has a diagnosed mental illness.
If you constantly live in "emergency" mode, the body and psyche will have to "pay" for it. Therefore, when the body begins to sound the alarm through its specific signals, measures should be taken immediately to protect against stress and can restore peace and joy in life.