As a rule, we do not notice how to breathe. Breathing makes itself felt when problems arise with it. Breathing disorder is based on many somatic diseases, neuroses, and even sexual disorders. Today we will talk about how you can improve your breath, and therefore your health.
Why and how to train lungs
During the lift on the stairs, do you have a shortness of breath? You need to train lungs! Healthy lungs make it easier and performing everyday tasks. There is more oxygen in the body, in sufficient saturation of blood.
Deep breathing can improve the state of the lungs, even with diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma. For this, appropriate exercises should be performed. You can also improve the ventilation of the lungs and increase their volume by doing yoga or pilates.
Good develops light and swimming. Aerobic exercises, such as running, jogging, dancing, also contribute to the increase in lung volume. Washing with cold water - another way to strengthen the lungs. Next, we will describe in detail about these effective ways to strengthen the lungs.
8 exercises to increase the strength and life capacitance of your lungs
1. Diaphragm breathing
Concentrate on a diaphragm, domed muscle, which is strengthened as a result of workouts, like every other muscle. When it is reduced, the place is released to expand your lungs. Consequently, the strong diaphragm is reduced better, thereby enabling its ability to increase its volume.
This kind of breathing is also called abdominal breathing. This exercise must be performed in a quiet, convenient place, away from the fuss and noise, removing your phone away. So you will concentrate better on your breath.
Start the exercise in the sitting position or lying. Hands hold on the stomach. Deep breathing through the nose. You must feel how your belly is issued forward, and the diaphragm goes down. The lungs are filled with air almost in full. Exhale through the mouth with noise. Breathe every day for 5-10 minutes.
In diaphragmal breathing, optimal conditions are created for the work of the lungs and hearts. The lowered the diaphragm in addition massages the internal organs of the abdominal cavity, improving their functioning.
You can perform this exercise, even if you have problems with respiratory authorities. It increases the volume of lungs in chronic obstructive lung disease. Sick asthma will also be able to reduce drug intake, if practicing deep breathing exercises.
2. Breathing with alternating nostrils
Nadi-Shodhana Pranaama, or breathing with alternating nostrils - a powerful cleansing breathing exercise. This exercise allows you to control your breathing, which helps to strengthen your lungs.
Its, as well as the previous exercise, must be performed in a relaxed atmosphere. It requires a concentration to coordinate the movements of the fingers and breathing. It may even be part of your yoga classes.
We carry out this exercise in 2 stages:
- Stage 1. Sit on the floor crossed legs. Right hand palm in the inside, keep in front of your face. Indicating and middle finger put between eyebrows, and a thumb on the right nostril, closing it. Deep through the left nostril. Exhale. Inhale and exhale for 2-3 minutes. Then change the nostril, closing the left nostril with a nameless finger. I breathe through the right nostril.
- Stage 2. At this stage, learning to manage the duration of the inhalation and exhalation. Breathe deeply, but not straining. Alternately, close the left and right nostril, while considering yourself. Try to have your exhale to be 2 times longer inhale.
Perform this exercise for 5-10 minutes every day at any time convenient for you.
3. Breathing through compressed lips
This exercise contributes to a breathing slowing down, allowing the lower respiratory tract to remain open for a longer time. It is part of treatment with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). But people without any problems with respiratory authorities can also benefit for themselves, performing this exercise.
Start with sighing through the nose duration 2 seconds representing that you inhale the flavor of the flower. Squeeze your lips as if you are going to catch the candle. Slowly exhale through compressed lips. Exhalation must be very slow, 2-3 times longer than inhale.
Perform this exercise for 5-10 minutes every day at any time convenient for you. When COPD use this type of breathing whenever you need to breathe and align your breath.
4. Uniform breathing
"Vritti Pranaya itself" is aimed at training the ability to control the breath. To perform this exercise, a high concentration is necessary, so select a quiet, calm place for it. You must calm down and relax.
Source position sitting, crossed legs. Before starting the exercise, wait until your breath becomes smooth. Make a deep breath, the duration of which is 4 seconds. Exhale also for 4 seconds. Try to get out of being complete. The most important thing to get used to the same duration of inhalation and exhalation.
Perform this exercise every day for 5 minutes. As the breathing exercise, Pranayama, Vritti itself improves the function of the lungs during asthma.
5. Yoga and Pilates
Yoga and Pilates include breathing exercises aimed at strengthening the lungs. Deep breathing strengthens the ventilation of the lungs, helping to easily get more oxygen. Also practiced respiratory control, which is a good workout for light and diaphragms.
If you have asthma, do not worry. In yoga there are exercises to increase the volume of lungs during asthma. In general, yoga classes improve the function of the lungs.
During classes, it is necessary to listen to what the instructor says. He will explain when and how to breathe. And despite the fact that you may have a desire to hold your breath while performing difficult exercises, do not do it! Permanent circulation of air is necessary. Your body - and the lungs, including, will get huge benefit from managed breathing.
Breathing delay under water increases the volume of the lungs. This compensates for a shortage of air that you cannot breathe. Water also puts pressure on the muscles of the respiratory organs, thereby strengthening them. This largely resembles a power training, during which light and diaphragms are strengthened.
If you do not know how to swim, it does not matter! Do not necessarily wrap circles to benefit. It is enough just to be in a shallow place. From time to time, take a deep breath and go under the water.
Aerobics classes, like run, will bring very much benefits for the lungs. All because during running the body requires more oxygen. To provide an organism with oxygen, the lungs work intensively. In addition, fat is burned, which also contributes to an increase in the volume and strength of the lungs.
Do you just start cardiotry? Take jogging, walking or dancing. Regardless of what you choose, select for at least 30 minutes per day for cardiography.
If you are already trained, add your activities with breathing exercises to increase the volume of the lungs. All the exercises described above can be part of your daily activities.
8. Washing cold water
It may sound ridiculous, but wetting cold water increases the volume of the lungs. Breathing delay - even for a few seconds - the lungs work. Cold water even contributes to the slowdown of heart rate, which facilitates deep breathing. Try to do so before performing breathing exercises.
To maintain the lungs in good form, do not smoke. Avoid cases of passive smoking. Improve air quality at home. Make your habit daily cleaning with a vacuum cleaner. Use natural cleaning products.
SEE ALSO : 7 Natural ways to clean the lungs from bronchial mucus, toxins and smoking consequences
Systematic breathing training will allow you to feel joy with time, ease and thirst for life. Find in your chart a few minutes for breathing practices. They should be an integral part of your daily life. We wish you success in mastering your breath!
Based on materials: curejoy.com
Taking any kind of physical activity, you need to be able to watch your breath and track it. It depends largely on how quickly you will be tired, whether to develop the necessary rhythm training and increase the endurance of the body. In this material you will find valuable information on how to breathe when running.
Why is it important
During sports exercises, the respiratory system performs the following functions:
Satisfies oxygen. With its insufficient number, the effectiveness of occupations is significantly reduced.
Helps increase the duration of the jog and get rid of glycogen surplus.
Reduces the stress factor when loading on the body.
Normalizes the work of the brain, stimulates its activity, which has a positive effect on coordination.
Allows you to adjust the pulse. Using different techniques, you can soothe or dispersed heartbeat.
Promotes more fruitful fat (completed fats are burned only under the condition of a large volume of oxygen.
As we breathe
The breathing apparatus of a person is directly connected to the blood system. Due to this connection, the hydroxy is removed from the inhaled air mass, it goes into hemoglobin and is transported throughout the body. To increase the efficiency of consumption of this substance, observe the rhythm: control the depth and frequency of the breath. The lack of O2 is dangerous, especially during physical activity, and its oversupply can trigger dizziness, so it is randomly breathing rapidly undesirable.
It is worth thinking about the quality of the environment. The best place for running is the park: the more around the greenery, the cleaner air. Plants absorb carbon dioxide and distinguish so necessary clean oxygen.
Nose or mouth
When you run preferably nasal breathing. Inhale follows each step (or on the second, if you use lungs in full force), and exhale - when lifting your legs (or when it is re-raised, if the rhythm is slow).
Do not be afraid of the formation of a stitching pain in the side. Its occurrence means clustering blood in a spleen or liver, which puts the pressure of the diaphragm, but it does not pose a danger. As soon as the unpleasant feelings appeared, adjust the intensity of the run: Let every breath and exhale come to the opposite side (if he tingles on the right - breathe when the left foot applies to the ground, and vice versa).
The breath of the mouth is not recommended, since oxygen in this case will dry the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, cause an additional loss of moisture and, as a result, discomfort. The air is not clearly in the lungs, but partly in the stomach.
The optimal option is to breathe through the nose, exhausted mouth.
There are various respiratory techniques, each of which meets its goals and training format. Competently using and combining techniques, it is possible to increase the effectiveness of classes. So, in the process of workout, it is better to breathe a nose to the nose, without adjusting to the rhythm of the steps - it will allow to intensify the activity of the chest and reduce the pressure on the liver or spleen.
In the aerobic run of medium power, it is always worth making a deep breath. In this case, it is necessary to saturate the muscles with a sufficient amount of oxygen so that the internal reserves of glycogen are not depleted and the body did not start consuming energy from sugar in muscle tissues.
When cardio training, you need to follow the step of step and use surface nasal breathing. Thus, it turns out longer to maintain the intensity of the jogging and preventing the occurrence of tingling in the side. To create an additional load on the press, inhale the chest, not a diaphragm.
While working on burning fat permissible to breathe in and exhale through the mouth. Such training requires a large amount of oxygen, which can be obtained from the full functioning of lungs or rapidly shallow breathing.
Rules: how to increase smoking while running
First, remember that the respiratory technique directly affects the speed of the heart: breathing chaotically, knocking down the rhythm, you create artificial arrhythmia, which creates an unnecessary load on the internal organs. If jogging in the heart muscle runs, tingling appeared, the intensity of the workout should be reduced.
Secondly, observe several basic recommendations that will help increase endurance. Read more about them below.
Train in those places where many oxygen: in the park or in the forest. Do not run next to the motorway, in production areas, because with the oxygen we absorb and harmful impurities.
Adjusting the depth of breathing
In a state of rest or in a dream, we breathe superficially, making a shallow breath and barely noticeable exhale, and about once every 5 minutes deeply sigh. But this method is ineffective during running.
It is possible to develop a breather, breathing alternately with an average and full force. Maximum filling light air makes sense only when you feel the lack of oxygen. At any other time, moderate intensity is optimal.
Do not inhale full breasts for every step - so you quickly feel the deficiency of O2, which will be accompanied by dizziness.
In the breath and exhale their turn
Each cycle should have one or two steps - depending on the rhythm and speed.
Rhythm and frequency
When the tempo is knocked down, the same thing happens with the respiratory process: oxygen falls into the body unevenly, you chop up and cannot continue the systematic jog.
Inhale and exhale in different ways
Do inhale with a nasal sinuses, and the breathtaking. This will allow the most efficient to receive O2 from the external environment, warming it, and get rid of recycled carbon dioxide.
The pace will constantly be bored if you start distracted during the running process, drink on the go, talk. Having delaying the rhythmic work of the lungs, you deprive yourself of the required air volume.
Experts recommend connecting the diaphragm to the process, abdominal muscles. It is important to control and regulate the intensity in order not to resist oxygen.
The body will be able to find a suitable rhythm
There is an opinion that your body knows much better, in which pace it is more efficient to work. Thus, no special techniques need to be applied. The main thing is to catch the natural rhythm, which will be formed at the beginning of the training session and do not get out of it. It all depends on the degree of load, speed of movement and tasks of classes. Proper breathing with a lightweight, calm restoration run or during a warm-up should not force you to choke.
Try to choose the option that will be useful for your body. Change one or another technique, adjust it to your rhythm, be sure to take into account my health, degree of physical training.
Your main task is to listen to the body, feel its needs. As soon as strong discomfort occurs, try another variant of the respiratory scheme.
With long distances, do inhale and exhale for 2 steps
This is a classic scheme in athletes who flee the marathon. This technique allows you to develop endurance and increase the performance of the body.
Synchronize the process with movement
As mentioned below, the "2-2" script is well suited for long distances. Having mastered it, you can try an increase in the pace to "3-2", which will improve well-being and get more oxygen, or "2-1" to accelerate.
Focus on exhale
At the same time make it better through the mouth. Focusing on the release of the lungs from carbon dioxide, you will prevent the ability to start torn.
Adjusting the depth of breathing, you will achieve the normalization of the work of the heart muscle and understand how to develop and train the breather to run.
Breathe through the mouth
Inhale and exhale only through the nose cannot be risking not to obtain due volume of oxygen from the air. To understand how true you alternate the nasal and oral methods, an effort is necessary, which will allow you to hear yourself during the workout process.
Use the belly
The diaphragm admits a deeper breath, as it is not limited to the chest and ribs. This method provides an easy much more space for expansion and filling with oxygen.
Effective breathing at different rates
The main thing is that you need to learn: the more intense exercise, the more often you need to breathe. During an increase in the speed of movement, the body's need increases in the O2 element and to provide it with sufficient air volume, will have to breathe more times.
Your main goal is to get as much oxygen as possible when inhalation and completely get rid of carbon dioxide in exhalation. Maximize the muscles of the abdomen, the diaphragm to avoid painful sensations in the side.
The operation of the respiratory system should be free and deep. Inhale you need two times faster than exhaled. At the beginning of the training, you will have to constantly control the rhythm, but over time it is leveled and turn into your natural one.
Periodically check the correctness of breathing techniques when running: to understand how to breathe, try talking without stopping the movements. If shorts are missing, it means that you do everything right. If you feel that you start to fall, reduce the pace and restore the pulse.
Strive for breathing and exhale to be smooth, combine the rise of the diaphragm and the chest, and also try to use the nose and mouth at the same time.
What to do when rings in side
There may be several reasons for the emergence of unpleasant sensations:
Wrong rhythm of the respiratory system;
Excessive burden on the body;
lack of preliminary workout before training;
You got tight before starting classes.
Feeling painful tingling, do not stop - just reducing the speed. On the breath with force, sick sick place and release it on exhalation. Repeat the scheme 2-3 times and the pain will go.
How to improve your breath if it has begun when running
After the rapid acceleration, the natural pace can be born, and the runner is to start torn. In such a situation, it should be deeply inhaled and return to the original rhythm. This method will allow not to stop during sports competitions or, if necessary, escape from chase.
If it is possible, just start running slower and gradually restore the pulse.
How to increase oxygen stock
In order to obtain as much oxigen as possible, it is necessary to completely free the lungs from the remnants of air in exhalation. Also practicing several useful exercises before training or race - in everyday life:
Play on wind musical instruments.
Try to inflate many balloons in one approach (follow the head screwed).
There is a very funny way to expand the volume of the lungs. Take a thin strip of paper and secure it on the nose. Now your goal is to hold it in a horizontal position. This cheerful method will also help learn how to regulate the frequency of respiratory equipment, strengthen and reduce depth.
But some exercises, thanks to which you can not only learn how to develop breather breathers, but also to establish the work of the cardiovascular system:
Inhales you breathe and slowly exhale to the feeling of squeezing the lungs. Next, hold your breath. Repeat the cycle a couple of times.
Inhaling, count to ten and breathe again. Focusing on well-being make a comfortable number of approaches. Same try to do on exhalation.
Sit or lie. Inhale plump and stop breathing. As soon as the delay becomes uncomfortable, start the breathing process freely, restoring the tempo. With a new approach, increase the stop time for 15-20 seconds. Make a few such cycles, constantly increasing this gap.
Exhausted, pushing all the air from the lungs, after which in a few approaches, inhale a new portion.
Candle two minutes and try to practice as frequent breathing as possible during this time. The temporary framework should be expanded with each next cycle.
Inhale and count to thirty. By reducing the speed, you complicate the exercise.
How to breathe right during the sweep after running
Feeling strong fatigue, do not hurry to go on vacation. A sharp reduction of the load may adversely affect the tone and the work of the heart muscle. Fill the body with energy and feel cheerful will help the final ten-minute exercise-recovery.
Do not stop, continue to run, but more relaxed, slowly, for example, a coward. Gradually reduce the frequency of respiratory equipment, which will allow normalize the pulse and pressure. As soon as the muscle corset relaxes, stop and make a small stretch. So the training will bring more benefit.
Having mastered the competent method of breathing, you not only conduct classes with maximum effectiveness, but also be able to improve well-being in general. The main goal is to saturate the body of the required rate of oxygen and prevent its excess.
Run more often. Over time, the physical form will become all better, the respiratory and cardiovascular system will be accompanied by regular loads and learn to adapt to the conditions of workouts. Starting with short time intervals, you can gradually increase the duration of classes and distances.
Driving muscle training (TDM) is a technique aimed at improving the function of respiratory muscles using special exercises. In particular, it was shown that the training of inspiratory muscles (TIM) improves the respiratory function and can reduce the shortness of breath during exercise.
TDM is usually focused on people suffering from respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, lung emphysema and COPD. However, many people integrate these exercises in their training programs. It was also found that it is useful for people with other diseases, for example, such as stroke.
Read more about the respiratory muscles can be read here.
TDM can consist of training muscles inhale (Tim) or exercise the exhalation muscles (TEM) or their combination.
- The respiratory muscles are amenable to workout in the same way as skeletal muscles, i.e. By passing the period of adaptation of their structure and functions that are specific to training incentives.
- Structural adaptation - changes in the type of muscle fibers, cross-sectional area (hypertrophy) and muscle thickness.
Functional adaptations - an increase in strength, speed, power, endurance, peak inspiratory flow, maximum pressure inhale and exhalation.
There are evidence that TDM has many useful effects in healthy people and, as shown, improves sports indicators. The research results indicate that TIM leads to statistically significant performance improvements, and TEM is not. In a later review, the use of TDM in hypoxic conditions was studied. Hypoxic training has become more popular among athletes, but hypoxic hyperventilation may have negative consequences, including the fatigue of the respiratory muscles during the long exercise. It was found that TDM improves the respiratory patterns, makes breathing more efficient, reduces the perception of shortness of breath and improves performance in hypoxic conditions.
Friends, a webinar of Marina Isokina "Physiology of breathing" will be held very soon. Learn more ...
The spectrum of pathological conditions under which TDM was implemented, varies from obvious (for example, COPD) to unexpected (for example, diabetes mellitus). Evidence of the use of TDM under these conditions vary widely on the conditions where TDM is supported by systematic reviews and meta-analyzes (for example, COPD), to those where there is only theoretical rationale.
Things that change
- Efforts related effects:
- Respiratory effort.
The effort of the whole body.
- Effects associated with metabolic reactions:
- The fatigue of the respiratory muscles.
- Respiratory pattern.
- Lactate exchange.
- Heart rate.
The kinetics of oxygen absorption.
- Things that do not change
- Maximum oxygen consumption.
- Physiological mechanisms
- Optimization of the distribution of blood flow is when the operation of the breathing apparatus increases, and the inflow of blood to the legs is reduced. If this work decreases, a cardiac output will decrease, so blood flow to the legs may increase. It is believed that these changes can be explained by the metalaflex. Each muscle, including respiratory muscles, has nervous endings. When metabolites accumulate, it stimulates the nerve fibers that send information to the cordial-vascular system control centers. This, in turn, causes a reflex increase in sympathetic stimulation, which causes the narrowing of the limb vessels. Bloodstock decreases and blood pressure increases, thereby explaining the change in the blood flow in the limbs. It is believed that Tim affects it, because it increases the intensity of the inspiratory work required before the metabaeflex response. If the activation of this reflex is canceled or delayed, you can longer maintain the influx of blood to the legs, thereby increasing the performance.
- Weakening of central fatigue. Adaptation to physical exertion improves cerebral oxygenation and positively affects central fatigue. Therefore, adaptation to physical exercises protects healthy people from the development of central fatigue.
The feeling of respiratory and peripheral effort is reduced. Due to manipulating the operation of the breathing apparatus (for example, due to the increase in resistance during training), tolerance for physical exertion is disturbed. If the operation of respiration increases during the workout, then the tolerance towards physical exertion increases.
The force created to overcome both friction and static elastic forces that limit the expansion of the lungs and the gas flow through the lungs is defined as the work of breathing.
Respiratory Motor Training Methods
- There are three training principles that were installed for all skeletal muscles: overload, specificity and reversibility. They also belong to the respiratory muscles.
- Overload - to get a training reaction, the muscles must be overloaded. Overload can be applied by changing the duration, intensity or frequency of workouts. Generally accepted levels of duration, intensity and frequency used for Tim are:
- The intensity = 50-70% (usually gives fatigue for 30 breaths or respiration for 2-3 minutes);
- duration = 30 breaths;
- Frequency = twice a day.
- Specificity - the nature of the training reaction depends on the type of stimulus supplied. Muscles, including respiratory muscles, react to power training incentives (high intensity, short duration) by improving the power training and endurance indicators (low intensity, long duration).
- Strength - respiratory muscles react to high and low-frequency load.
- Endurance - workout of endurance can be achieved at low and high-frequency load. However, you can improve endurance with the help of strength training. Strong muscles perform any task in a smaller percentage of their maximum power than weak. Therefore, strong muscles are capable of maintaining the specified activity for longer periods of time.
- The volume of the lungs is the length of the respiratory muscle is determined by the volume of the lungs, so Tim should be carried out in the maximum possible range of lungs. Start as close as possible to the residual volume (maximum exhalation) and finish as close as possible to the total lung capacity (maximum breath).
- Detrality - respiratory muscles react similarly to other muscles when removing the training incentive. Most losses occur within 2-3 months after the cessation of training. Endurance is lost before the strength. Short periods of detrientity (1-2 months) can be transferred without too much regression of functional achievements.
Maintaining - Improving the functions of inspiratory muscles can be supported while reducing the frequency of workouts for as many as two thirds - that is, 2 days a week in healthy adults and 3 days a week in patients with COPD.
- Training methods can be divided into two types: resistance training and hardiness training. The resistance training is described as the most versatile due to the fact that it takes the least time and leads to a double conventional answer (increase strength and endurance).
- Resistance training - the threshold load of inspiratory pressure (PNID) is currently the most commonly used studied and validated TDM method. Users breathe through a device (for example, PowerBreathe), which contains a pressure-loaded valve inhale and unloaded exhalation valve.
Training on endurance - uses a technique called voluntary isocautional hyperventilation, which requires people to maintain a high level of respiration for 40 minutes. This is based on hyperventilation method, which uses a partial re-respiration contour to prevent hindeling.
TDM is shown to everyone who wants to improve the portability of physical exertion. This includes faces with pathological processes or without them, those who have shortness of breath and / or reduced tolerance to physical exertion, as well as athletes / physically active people. Studies confirm the effectiveness of TIM with certain classes of diseases or states. These include: respiratory, heart and neuromuscular diseases, as well as conditions associated with transferred operations and common aging.
Read also an article: Why blow through the underly lips?
Specific states under which Tim demonstrated clinically significant advantages or there is a justification for TIM, based on the presence of dysfunction of inspiratory muscles and / or abnormal respiratory mechanics, includes: side amyotrophic sclerosis, ankylosing spondylosis, nervous anorexia, asthma, bronchiectase, cancer, children's cerebral palsy , chronic heart failure, COPD, Corticosteroids, Fiberglass, diabetes, diaphragm paralysis, hypothyroidism, kifoscolyosis, sclerosis, muscle dystrophy, Miasthenia, obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, Parkinson's disease, consequences of polio, pregnancy, pulmonary hypertension, renal failure, sarcoidosis and interstitial diseases of the lungs, injuries of the spinal cord, patients after operations (abdominal and chest), myopathy, induced ventilation, fan failure, vocal ligament dysfunction and string.
Some specific physiological indicators of the inadequate function of the respiratory muscles:
- Reducing the strength of the respiratory muscles
- Reducing the compliance of the respiratory system;
- an increased relation to the dead space to the respiratory volume;
- failure of the cough function;
The inability to breathe without the IVL apparatus.
- Messages about undesirable phenomena after TDM have not been received, however, there is a risk of developing states related to barryravm. Accordingly, caution should be exercised in the following cases:
- Spontaneous pneumothorax in history.
- Traumatic pneumothorax, which has not yet completely healed.
- Burned eardrum or other states associated with the damage to the eardrum.
Unstable asthma with an abnormally low perception of shortness of breath.
- Minimizing hypercaps in patients with ischemic heart disease.
- May cause discomfort in the ears in people who have recently undergone colds or sinusitis.
- Caution should be observed in relation to persons who have suffered an infectious process in the chest.
People should be warmed from the sharing of training equipment.
- Practical recommendations
- The passage plays a role in achieving optimal results. Ideal time for fundamental training - sitting or standing. It is known that the position of lying or midstage worsen the function of the respiratory muscles, and the function of inspiratory muscles is optimized in a vertical position. After the completion of basic training, you can proceed to training in functional positions.
- Optimization of breathing techniques. Choose the right simulator, optimize the training incentive that it generates, use good breathing technique (for example, a diaphragmal breathing) and respiratory pattern.
- Diaphragm breathing. Changes related to respiratory mechanics can lead to a decrease in diaphragm mobility. This, as well as tolerance to physical exertion and the character of breathing, can be improved using a diaphragmant breathing training program. The formation of normal respiratory strategies is based on Tim.
- Respiratory pattern. The respiratory movements must be performed in the maximum possible range and maximize the inspiratory muscles.
It was found that repeated deep breaths against the inspiratory load were two times more efficient than standard physiotherapy consisting of postural drainage and active cycles of respiratory equipment. Patients, especially patients with conditions such as bronchiectases and bronchitis, may experience a weakening of secretion after Tim. Accordingly, they must be warned about this and are consulted according to the relevant methods of improving secretion.
- Progress should be assessed by change in:
- The function of inspiratory muscles. Make sure that the workout mode stimulates adaptation in inspiratory muscles and that the improvement of the function is achieved by increasing the intensity of the workout.
Clinical outcomes arising from the first point.
- Evaluation of the function of the respiratory muscles may include:
- The maximum inspiratory pressure (MDV) - ensures the measurement of force and is the most widely used measure of the method induced changes in the function of inspiratory muscles. It is measured using the clinical apparatus of occasion of the occlusion of the respiratory tract with a given volume of the lungs.
- The maximum nasal pressure of the inhalation is an alternative to MDV, which allows you to measure the pressure in the nostril during the maximum inhalation.
- The peak speed of the inspiratory flow - it was shown that it improves in response to a moderate training of Tim.
The endurance of muscle inspirators - there is no standard test for this, but all the tests are divided into two categories: tests on hyperpnee and inspiratory loading respiratory tests.
Evaluation of clinical benefits will be very different between groups of patients. The selected initial indicators must be specific to the clinical population under consideration, as well as sensitive TIM effects.
When to start training?
Tim begins with a basic workout. Basic training relies on a diaphragmal breathing and a good respiratory pattern. It is carried out within 6 weeks before you can go to functional training.
How are the diaphragms and muscles of the pelvic bottom?
- Basic concepts:
- Use the training load of 50-60% of PM or set the intensity to the maximum of 30 repetitions (30 PM), i.e. Training to failure occurs on 30 breaths (fatigue of inspiratory muscles is the inability to achieve satisfactory breathing).
- Use a stretch and warm-up to prepare for Tim.
- Inhale the load with the maximum effort (as quickly as possible).
- Inhale and exhale as deep as possible during each breath.
- Care twice a day - in the morning and in the evening with an interval of at least 6 hours.
- Increase the training load at least once a week.
- Progress, maintaining a load at 50-60% of the new PM or keeping the load at the level of the new 30 PM to account for improvements.
- Training to the failure in the window between 25-35 inchs for the session.
- Keep in mind that at certain times of the day, other activities may affect Tim due to residual fatigue.
- If you suspect that there are residual fatigue of inspiratory muscles, take a break.
Drive the training diary.
- Current program
- Progression - Functional training can be started after 6 weeks of fundamental Tim. It should be carried out at least 3 days a week and always in tandem with basic training, which should also be carried out at least 3 days a week.
- It was shown that pre-ability - the introduction of Tim before training the entire body improves the results of such training and therefore can be considered effective in the process of rehabilitation.
- The inclusion in rehabilitation can be done before, during or after a rehabilitation session.
- Workout - 2 approaches of 30 breaths at 40% PM with 1 minute rest between them. It must be completed no more than 10 minutes before Tim's workout.
- Zaminka - promotes cleansing from metabolites, helps in restoration and adaptation.
Stretching - Stretching the chest reduces any resistance of the musculoskeletal system in the breath and can lead to an increase in the chest cavity and the functional residual capacity, which is therefore increasing the efficiency of TDM.
The role of respiratory muscles goes beyond their role in keeping breathing. They are also a vital component of our postural control and stabilization of the bark. This "lack" function is crucial for productivity and prevent injury.
The distinguishing functions of the respiratory muscles often come into conflict with their main function. The external manifestation of this conflict is shortness of breath, which is unimproving the ventilation need. It can also jeopardize the effectiveness of respiratory muscles regarding the stability of the bark.
- Therefore, the purpose of the functional training is also the strengthening of the stabilizing role of respiratory muscles. Thus, the respiratory function of the respiratory muscles can be optimized to improve the stability of the bark. This is achieved by performing TIM in positions that reduce the stability of the bark. When selecting exercises, two approaches can be selected:
- Use the total set of about 10 exercises that provide a holistic effect.
Do not stop, continue to run, but more relaxed, slowly, for example, a coward. Gradually reduce the frequency of respiratory equipment, which will allow normalize the pulse and pressure. As soon as the muscle corset relaxes, stop and make a small stretch. So the training will bring more benefit.
- Create an individual set of exercises specifically for a particular person, for example, tasks that are especially complex for the patient, sports positions or actions used by the athlete.
- This should be preceded by a 6-week period of the basic Tim and the development of good diaphragmal breathing techniques.
- Make sure that a person has a really good breathing technique before adding any resistance.
- Then add the external resistance to inhale using an inspiratory simulator (IT) installed on a minimum load.
- Gradually increase the load of IT for several weeks.
- Training should precede stretching and mobilization exercises.
- The individual program should consist of approximately 10 exercises.
Exercises should be performed at least 3 times a week. Basic Tim should be held on other days.
Source: Physiopedia - Respiratory Muscle Training.
Sport classes are conjugate with increased physical exertion. To withstand them, you need to have a developed respiratory system. If the ability of the respiratory system does not correspond to the level of exercise, difficulties arise with the provision of an oxygen. The athlete begins to choke, loses speed and quickly gets tired. It turns out to be not able to perform an exercise with high efficiency. People who are seriously interested in sports, first of all strive to strengthen their respiratory system - without it it is impossible to count on high sports results.
For what types of physical activity need to strengthen the respiratory system?
In sports circles, the expression "develop the breather" is widely used. The breath is a jargonal term of athletes, denoting light or breathing apparatus. To develop the breather - it means to train the lungs, because the hardy respiratory system is needed in almost all kinds of sports, especially in athletics, rowing, swimming, skating and skiing.
Running fitness training is the most affordable way to develop lungs. Running classes like any aerobic physical activity, not only increase the volume of the lungs, but also strengthen the cardiovascular system, thereby improving the transportation of oxygen in the body. Perfectly develop lightweight swimming. During the swim, the need for the body in oxygen is growing, while the swimmer has to constantly delay their breathing, as a result the body seeks to use every breath with maximum efficiency. Gradually improves the ventilation of the lungs, their living capacity increases, the number of alveoli is growing, respiratory muscles are strengthened.
Exercises for improving the respiratory function
- Not only aerobic exercise helps to develop the respiratory system: running, swimming, cycling. Special exercises are also useful to strengthen intercostal muscles and lungs. Examples of such exercises:
- Perform frequent sharp breaths and exhalations within 1-2 minutes.
- Release from the lungs of all air. Fill the lungs for a few inhales, making them through short intervals. Hold the breath. Try not to breathe as long as possible.
- Inhale full breasts. Exhaust to perform in several techniques, releasing air in small portions. After the exhalation, delay the breathing as possible.
- Take a breath. At the expense, ten still breathe a little, again to take up to ten and so as long as the lungs are filled. Do all the same, but already in exhalation.
- Inhale on 30 bills. Exhale. Every time I try to count more slowly.
Having made an intermittent breath in the nose, as intermittently exhale through the mouth - inhale and exhale briefly and quickly.
Some fitness fans use an extreme way to train the respiratory system: they do exercises in a special fitness mask. Such masks limit the inflow of oxygen and create special conditions that resemble finding at large altitudes. On the highlands, as you know, the air is resolved, and a person to get the prescribed oxygen rate has to breathe more intensively. The mask is equipped with several discovering and closing membranes, which allows you to imitate the finding at different heights.
Using a mask, you can increase physical exercise in a wide variety of exercises. Most often used types of motor activity typical for aerobic workouts (running, cycling, etc.). If the athlete trains in a mask, it is easy to spend much more effort to ensure the organism with oxygen. Such training increases the life capacity of the lungs, strengthen the cardiovascular system, develop breathing muscles. But it is necessary to do in the mask with caution - such trainings are very much loading the body.
To strengthen the lungs, you can inflate balloons. This is a well-known way to train breathing, it is often recommended to be underlying patients and people with weak lungs. The exercise strengthens the diaphragm, develops the lungs, makes breathing deeper. A lot of useful breathing techniques can be learned from yoga. Sometimes such a way of training is used: breathe deeply (exhale) and on the delay to quickly perform the maximum number of squats, attachments or pushups.
Fitness training for endurance development
The development of respiratory function is closely related to increasing endurance. Often both of these tasks are implemented in the process of the same workout. It refers to aerobic endurance - the body's ability to work in aerobic mode for a long time without fatigue and a noticeable reduction in working capacity. In the aerobic mode of operation, the body actively absorbs oxygen, which is immediately used to generate energy. Thus, the development of aerobic endurance strongly depends on the capabilities of the respiratory system.
For the development of aerobic endurance, methods of continuous and interval training are used. The first method is characterized by a long and uniform operation of medium and low power. An example of such training is the usual run. In the interval fitness training, intensive intervals alternate with recreation intervals. It can be a running training, consisting of quick and slow runs.
In addition to aerobic, there is anaerobic endurance - oxygen-free. When the body works in anaerobic mode, the need for oxygen exceeds its receipt, forms oxygen debt. As a result of such work in the muscles athlete accumulates lactic acid. It is important to develop different types of endurance, it will be useful not only in sports, but also in everyday life. For the development of anaerobic endurance, fitness training of high intensity with abbreviated periods for recovery is used. Anaerobic endurance is important in the sprint run, which is characterized by short distances and maximum speed.
- It is difficult to overestimate the benefit of respiratory gymnastics for the body:
- Prevents respiratory diseases (bronchial asthma, bronchitis).
- Stimulates intestinal peristalsis, digestive organs.
- Increases the concentration of attention, performance, normalizes sleep and psycho-emotional state.
- Improves overall health, gives a charge of cheerfulness.
- Helps get rid of overweight.
Tits the skin.
During the breathing exercises, the development of light dizziness is permissible, with all other cases of poor health, should be stopped to train.
There are many different concepts of respiratory gymnastics. Each person, depending on the state of health, age and personal preference, will be able to pick up suitable for himself.
Respiratory practice is based on minimizing the depth of breath, the total transformation of normal breathing. It helps to get rid of many diseases or facilitate their course (very effective during asthma, strong allergies). The main task when mastering the Buteyko method is to achieve surface breathing with delays.
- Madely delay the breath to the appearance of a feeling of acute lack of air.
- Inhale superficially, portion.
- Hold breathing when walking again to the feeling of lack of air. Raise a little, the exercise repeat.
First time after training, unimportant well-being can be observed - the loss of appetite, panic attacks, frequent breathing, but in the process of occupation, respiratory authorities are developing, which leads to an improvement in the state.
- It is a system of simple exercises for respiratory organs, allowing to get rid of extra kilograms and actually not having contraindications. The learning program for proper breathing is designed for 3 weeks, aims to bring movements to automatism. After its development you can do exercises. They are divided into four stages:
- Inhale through the nose, inflating the belly as much as possible.
- Let's protrude forward the buttocks, relaxing the muscles in the abdomen.
- Make 3 shallow breaths, straining the muscles of the perineum and buttocks.
We begin to exhale your mouth, stretching the lips into the tube, and the abdominal muscles as fast as possible to the ribs. Exhalation end vigorously, fully released from the air light. I lower my shoulders, at the same time you keep right.
Exercises should be performed every morning on an empty stomach of 30 episodes. This will require about 20 minutes.
After occupation within an hour, it is desirable to eat anything.
The exercise complex is aimed at transformation of a person's state, expanding the boundaries of its physical possibilities. The zigong gymnastics does not have contraindications and age qualifications. Against the background of rational physical exertion and healthy diet, normalizes the work of the nervous system, regulates weight of the body, helps to restore the natural functions of respiratory organs.
- Respiratory gymnastics consists of 3 special exercises:
- Frog. Sitting on a chair, put the feet on the width of the shoulders. Palm one hand squeeze into a fist, clasping his palm of another hand. Elbows rest in his knees, and fist - in the forehead. Lower the eyelids and fully relax. Sit in this position a quarter of an hour, repeating 3 times a day.
- Wave. To lie on a solid surface face up. Bend legs at an angle of 90o. One hand to place on the chest, the other - on the stomach. When inhaling, maximize the abdomen and penetrate the chest. When exhaling, on the contrary. Perform 40 approaches.
Lotus. Sitting on a low chair, legs crossed in front of the belly. They put hands on them (one to another palms). Spin straighten, lower my head, close your eyes. To breathe as usual for 5 minutes, focusing on the exercise. To breathe as much as the usual breath and smooth shallow exhalation. Next for 10 minutes. To breathe as usual, at the same time relaxing as much as possible.
The program is designed for at least 2 months.
The gymnastic complex acts as a prophylactic and therapeutic agent with headaches, diseases of the bronchi, lungs (including such heavy as pneumonia). Her vocalists are successfully used, since the exercises allow you to develop a voice.
Experts prefer the Program of Strelniki to train speech breathing in children.
- The essence of the concept is significantly different from the respiratory practices of Buteyko, qigong, oxysis. It is concentrated on the moment of inhalation, does not change natural respiration, suitable for people of all ages, does not have contraindications (except for the significantly elevated body temperature, high blood pressure and post-infarction state). The complex includes 12 exercises. It is important to master 3 main:
- Palms. To perform the exercise you need to get straight, squeeze into fists and put on the belt. When inhaling the fists omit to the floor. Make 12 approaches of 8 breaths at the intervals of 5 seconds.
- Pump. Stand straight. Hands to arrange along the body, legs - already shoulders. By bowing his head, torso slightly tilted forward, while at the same time making a noisy energetic breath, then straighten up. Doing the exercise you need several times in a row. It should not be tilted below the waist level.
Charging for the respiratory organs in Strelnoye allows you to increase the aperture, make it elastic, which is particularly important in the treatment of lung emphysema.
It is a teaching aimed at activating the human opportunity to manage the work of the body on the spiritual and physical levels. The technique of breathing exercises in yoga is referred to as Pranayama. The technique teaches a person to manage its energy and positively look at the world, improves metabolic processes, strengthens immunity, stabilizes the work of the heart and respiratory organs, eliminates shortness of breath.
- Capalabhati (stomach breathing) - one of the options for respiratory gymnastics:
- Sit comfortably, straightening your back. Cover your eyes, achieve complete concentration at the point between the eyebrows.
- Take a breath, not straining the abdominal wall, allowing the air to go into the lungs and reveal them.
Exhale, vigorously pressing the stomach to the spine. The chest at the same time should remain fixed.
The exercise at the initial stage can be performed 36 times, gradually reaching up to 108 cycles.
Proper breathing without exaggeration creates miracles, consisting in the improvement of the body and improving the mood. But before choosing a certain complex of breathing exercises, it is worth consulting a professional. It is he who can pick up the most appropriate specific man technique.
Usually the most exhaustive and unloved by many athletes are exercises to endurance smoking. As a rule, such exercises differ with monotiance and require a large moral and volitional excerpt. Training of volitional qualities is the second side that an athlete improves by performing a complex of relevant tasks. Often on the outcome of physical forces, the battle is already under the pure desire for victory.
What to do to increase endurance
- For a long time, everyone knows the most effective hardiness exercises:
- Mask. Or suit some kind of respiratory mask, such sold in sporting goods. The technique strengthens the muscles of the ribs that participate in their extension and ensure the depth of breathing. Strong muscles of the ribs allow you to dry / exhale deeper and easier. In case of diseases of the cardiovascular system or lungs, it is better to refuse from such technology.
- Exercise elements for lungs from yoga. For example, for two minutes, perform sharp breaths / exhalations. Or do deep breaths / exhalations, trying to score as much as possible and also exhale as much as possible. Discover breathing on inhalation, the delay duration with time must be increased.
- Running to endurance is good because he trains not only the breather, but also the heart muscle, the muscles of the legs. Some coaches do not recommend running in monotonous mode. It is better to alternate calm jogging with acceleration, running around the rough terrain and running to elevation. Excellent for running around the rough terrain is suitable. And for a safe run with acceleration and in the elevation (steps) the stadium will fit. Also, if you already show excellent results in running, and for moderate load takes a lot of time, use weightlifiers on your arms and legs. You can also use a wound, and inside put something heavy (water bottles, for example).
Swimming. Another effective way to improve the breather to the run and in principle for any other active activity. In the case of swimming, there is a pumping of the shoulder muscles. This is especially true for boxers, fighters and those athletes who need to strengthen their shoulder muscles due to injury. As a rule, this style of swimming is applied: the crown on the chest; Breaststroke; Backstroke; Butterfly.
In general, the endurance of an athlete is divided into a special and common. The main definition of endurance in principle is the ability to deal with physical overwork in the course of active muscular activity of a particular nature and specific intensity. In martial arts or game sports, the level of stamina is the time during which the level of certain efficiency of active activity is carried out.
We are interested in specific endurance, as the ability to long-term operation of moderate intensity, but with high efficiency, as well as special endurance, the loads of which relate to a specific sport. Special in turn is divided into high-speed (willingness for a long time to make rapid movements without a violation of the technique of execution at the same time) and the speed-force, which is accompanied by a high degree of power activity.
Thus, depending on the sport, exercises for increasing endurance are complemented by all sorts of special elements.
Triathlon to help
To the question "How to develop endurance, and breathing at home" the answer will be the following "Try Triathlon". This sport has established itself and as an aid, which is included in the program of workouts of many athletes (for example, Nate Diaz and even the preparation of special forces).
With a big desire, it's not so difficult to find a watering for swimming, a treadmill and the most ordinary bike. Triathlon includes running, swimming and cycling. The athlete must continuously go through all three stages. According to the original sources, it is known that the first triathlon competitions included such distances: Running at a distance of 3 km, cycle cycle cycle and the channel intersection. Of course, the program can be adjusted for yourself. It is better to engage in triathlon with anyone in a pair or at all in the group. In this case, a competing aspect will be present.
Footballers, boxers and children
How to increase endurance in football. It should be understood that in a particular sport there is a specific load. In boxing, it focuses on shoulders and legs, in football exclusively on the legs. Because of the long load of the leg muscles "clogged" from what the speed and total productivity decreases (the impact force, the ability to keep continuous and intense rhythm). Therefore, after training, it is especially useful to go to the massage, in the sauna in order to "break up" muscles and return them elasticity and ease. Most of the football training boils down to running, cycling and is practically no different from the tasks of the triathlon. Exercises for breathers
and endurance in boxing. In addition to running, swimming, etc., there are also special exercises. For example, work on the bag in an intense pace, the longest time. It is important that the strikes are performed correctly, so you need to put a coach in front of yourself or at least a mirror. This exercise is good because the athlete trains endurance in the most suitable situation in the match. He must follow his breath, his hands and shoulders should be relaxed, otherwise they will be fastened faster, and the blows are correctly performed because With incorrect staging, the opponent will not be caused by damage.
Also comes up with shadow. It is necessary to get up in front of the mirror, take the dumbbells in 2-3 kg and work out the air strikes. After a couple of minutes, the athlete will feel the severity in the shoulders. For a larger effect, you can wear a special mask, but it is harder to breathe in it (contraindicated athletes who have problems with heart).
Jumping on the rope - the development of smokers and skills move on the legs in boxing. Also, it is also a cardio training and skill to move on relaxed legs. There are no restrictions on working with a jump, repel away from your own well-being.
Pneumatic shocks. In this exercise, the focus is shifted specifically to work hands. Hand running time and accuracy of shocks. Still as exercises for stamina for drummers :
- Mahi Gary for Shoulder joint and torso. Gary of rotation must be left right or right left through the head;
- Jumping barriers trains the explosive strength of the legs;
- Bourpi (dropping legs and handling their place) trains the widest muscles of the back and shoulders;
- Emissions emissions in front of me;
- Throwing a medical ball with a partner;
Rope (take a tied rope for the ends and mahams by sex to create like waves). All of the above is Circular boxer training
. The time for each exercise is 20-30 seconds, the passage is 10 seconds. You can also completely eliminate the respite. Nature is the best gym. As Exercises for endurance fighter
Suitable with reservoir - it can be worn out in it. Use viscous sandy shore for sparring, running or struggle. On such a surface, it is much more difficult to move than on Ringgua in boxers.
Here you can do exercises for the endurance of the breath of the child of nine years in swimming. You can swim as a child: in doggy, on the back, etc. If you have difficulty, keep your child under the stomach or give him an inflatable mattress. Swimming perfectly learns to breathe. It is in practice that the child will understand the consequences of improper respiration and how it can be dangerous if the depth of the reservoir is large.
- For improving endurance, triathlon, crossfit, specialized exercises by type of bag or battle with shadow are suitable. Children can make the same exercises only in a smaller volume and without burden. It should be known that without endurance, physical strength and high technique still will not bring big results. Many fighters won due to their excerpt and endurance of more experienced and technical rivals, but with less exposure. Therefore, for results it is necessary to develop:
- Endurance and moral and volitional qualities.
- Technique (sparring - combinations of strikes, protection, struggle - throws and sheets. In each sport, its own technique).
How to develop lungs for running
June 21, 2018.
Runner need special exercises to enhance the respiratory process. This allows it to obtain an additional amount of oxygen and withstand a huge load on the body during runs.
How to train your breath
The problem of lack of oxygen is relevant for swimmers, athletes, skiers, fighters and runners. For such sports activities, a large amount of lungs is needed. If the air reserve does not correspond to the specific load, the athletes are choking and lose force. Competently organized running itself is well "swinging" lungs. But there are other effective breathing training techniques.
Strengthening rib muscle
For a new generation of runners, this technique seems exotic, but it was very popular in the past century. When the ribs are spreading, the process of operating the lungs is improved. Strengthening rib muscles makes it easier to do inhale and exhale. For this purpose, athletes during the workout dress up gas masks. Unfortunately, this type of load comes only to those who have no problems with the heart and vessels. It is also important to prevent excessive overload.
They must be carried out systematically and in the complex.
- List of actions:
- The product of frequent and sharp breaths and exhalations.
- Full air exhalation and long-term delay before inhalation.
- Deep inhalation and exhalation with small portions. Breath delay.
- Inhalation account up to ten, twenty, thirty. Then exhalation.
- Intermittent inhalation through the nose and exhalation through the mouth.
- Exhalation during raising heavy items.
- Squat with detainee and exhaled air.
Game on wind instruments.
Separate attention to swim. This is an excellent opportunity to increase the volume of the lungs and the ability of the body to withstand large loads.
After a severe pulmonary disease, many people persist weakness, shortness of breath, respiratory failure and other unpleasant complications. In such situations, the lungs need rehabilitation.
As a powerful supporting aid to restore the health of lungs and bronchi, many experts recommend special gymnastics.
Today we will tell you about the cycle of simple exercises to strengthen the respiratory muscles that can be performed at home. These exercises will help restore the function of the bronchi and the lungs after transferred bronchitis, pneumonia, viral, bacterial and other pulmonary diseases.
The connection between the physical activity and health of the lungs at first glance is not obvious, so first we will tell you how the exercises can affect the respiratory function.
The effect of physical exercises on the lungs
Often, people experiencing shortness of breath and weakness after the pulmonary disease, avoid physical activity, fearing that it only aggravates their position.
- In fact, exercise, on the contrary:
- contribute to the restoration of the respiratory function;
- reinforce the inflow of blood to the lungs, due to which the body begins to get more oxygen during breathing;
- accelerate the metabolism and the natural process of restoring tissues in the lungs and bronchi;
- strengthen the respiratory muscles;
Increase the life capacity of the lungs, that is, the maximum amount of air that can inhale the person.
People experiencing shortness of breath, doctors recommend practicing interval training. For example, you can exercise for 1 minute, and then rest or reduce the tempo for 2 minutes. Such a breather give an easy time to restore. In general, this recommendation relates to any physical activity - gymnastics, walking or just work on the house.
Why is it important to train breathing muscles after a pulmonary disease
Our body absorbs oxygen and highlights carbon dioxide. Inhale and exhale are acts of breathing, which performs the respiratory muscles - intercostal muscles of the chest and aperture.
In the lungs, the air falls into the alveoli - tiny bubbles penetrated by capillaries through which oxygen falls into the bloodstream.
When, as a result of the disease, the alveoli begins to absorb oxygen worse, the brain sends the signals to breathing muscles so that they work harder. Thus, the process of respiratory man begins to spend significantly more energy.
Plus, the breathing muscles in many are weakened as a result of age, hypodynamine or protracted disease. Also, with problems with the lungs in the process of breathing, the person reflexively involves other muscles, namely, the neck and shoulders. All these factors give an increased burden on the body as a whole, from here shortness of breath and weakness.
The benefits of gymnastics for respiratory muscles
Exercises that we will demonstrate to you have a special healing effect, so they are practiced in many clinics as part of a rehabilitation course after respiratory diseases.
Training breathing muscles, we increase their strength and efficiency. Being stronger, the muscles begin to consume less oxygen. As a result of the respiratory movements, we spend much less energy. In addition, these exercises increase the life capacity of the lungs.
In this article, we offer homely gymnastics for respiratory muscles, effective both for the rehabilitation of the lungs and in order to prevent pulmonary diseases in the future. –This gymnastics is only 1
- 2 weeks:
- will strengthen your breathing muscles;
- improve the strength and depth of breathing, increase the capacity of the lungs;
- reduce shortness of breath;
- will save from chronic fatigue and weakness;
- improve the work of the lungs;
Enhance the mood and quality of life.
Exercises for lungs
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest one.
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. 2.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. 3.
We deploy your palms to the sides and, at the same time, performing an exhalation through a compressed lips, we lower straight hands to its original position.
Increase the life capacity of the lungs, that is, the maximum amount of air that can inhale the person.
Make this exercise 10 - 15 times.
Inhale through the nose, and pull out through a narrow gap in your mouth, almost completely squeezing the lips. Exhausted by air in this way, you reveal the respiratory tract and additionally train the breathing muscles. Ideally, the exhalation should be 2 times longer in the breath. These recommendations relate to all subsequent exercises other than the third.
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest Second exercise - breast disclosure
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. Source position - sitting on a chair, legs together, straight hands stretched forward, palms to each other.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. At the same time inspiring through the nose, we take straight hands back so as much as possible.
Exhausted air through compressed lips, return straight hands to its original position along the same trajectory.
We deploy your palms to the sides and, at the same time, performing an exhalation through a compressed lips, we lower straight hands to its original position.
If you are hard to keep your arms right in front of yourself, they can be slightly lowered down and do the exercise in such hands.
Third Exercise - Blacksmith Fur
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest It is very useful for a diaphragm training.
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. Source position - sitting on a chair, back straight, legs together, hands on hips.
With closed mouth, make quick shallow breaths and exhalations through the nose. I breathe as quickly as possible.
During the exercise, you must feel the diaphragm quickly moving up and down.
The exercise may initially be with difficulty. Start from 15 seconds, gradually bringing it to its execution to one minute.
In yoga, more than 2 thousand years has been practiced a similar respiratory technique, which is called "bhastrika". It is believed that this technique purifies the lungs and increases the amount of absorbed oxygen.
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest Fourth exercise - elbow rotation
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. Source position - sitting on a chair with a straight back, legs together. Touch your fingers to the shoulders, while sending the elbows down, and the rear side of the wrists - to the sides.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. Inhaling the air through the nose, at the same time raise the elbows as high as possible, along the way, bring them together in front of them, and then spread again to the sides.
Exhausted through closed lips, lowering the elbows, along the way weigh them as early as possible, and then returning to its original position. We repeat 10 times. With inhale raise elbows, with exhale - omit. four.
Increase the life capacity of the lungs, that is, the maximum amount of air that can inhale the person.
Now we do the same thing on the contrary - with a breath raise your elbows, along the way, we give them back, and with an exhalation I lower, bring them together in front of you, and then returning to its original position. Make 10 times.
If you experience pain or discomfort when performing one of these exercises, give up it.
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest Fifth exercise - shoulder lift
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. Source position - sitting on a chair, back straight, legs together, straight hands are directed down, palms are turned forward. The chest is revealed.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. With inhale, we raise your shoulders as high as possible, by putting forward them forward, and then spread again to the sides.
With exhale, we lower the shoulders at the starting position, along the way weighing them as much as possible. We repeat the exercise 10 times. Inhale - raise your shoulders, exhale - omit.
Exhausted through closed lips, lowering the elbows, along the way weigh them as early as possible, and then returning to its original position. We repeat 10 times. With inhale raise elbows, with exhale - omit. For convenience, imagine that you draw two circles in the air shoulder.
Now we do the same exercise on the contrary - with a breath we raise your shoulders, along the way weighing them back, and with exhale I lower your shoulders at a starting position, along the way putting forward them forward. We also make 10 times.
The gymnastics of respiratory muscles is used in sports. In addition, these exercises can be useful to people with cardiovascular diseases and stroke threats.
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest Sixth Exercise - Butterfly Wings
Source position - palm closes the ears, the fingers are directed back and wrap the head, the elbows on the side, the forearm parallel to the ground.
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. For convenience, you can simply weave your fingers on the back of the head.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. Inhaling through the nose, we reduce the elbows together in front of you.
Exhausted through closed lips, return the elbows to its original position. We make 10 repetitions. Inhale - elbows forward, exhale - elbows back.
Seventh and Last Exercise - Mill
First exercise - Stretching Muscles of the Chest It is the most useful because it uses a whole group of respiratory muscles at the same time.
We take a starting position standing, legs together, hands straight, palm pressed against the thighs. Source position - sitting on a chair, back straight, legs together, gossip the fingers of the hands, keep the brushes in front of them at a level just below the chest.
We deploy your palms ahead and, while at the same time, having inhaled through the nose, raise your hands above your head. Each hand should draw a semicircle in the air. Imagine that we rotate the manual mill. Drawing in the air a circle parallel to the ground, clockwise remove the hands as far away from ourselves and return them to its original position.
Exhausted through closed lips, lowering the elbows, along the way weigh them as early as possible, and then returning to its original position. We repeat 10 times. With inhale raise elbows, with exhale - omit. The respiratory pattern here will be like - inhale through the nose, moving hands from the original position to the largest circumference point, then exhale, returning his hands to its original position. We repeat 10 times.
Now we do the same, turning hands counterclockwise. We repeat 10 times.
To appear notable improvements, this set of exercises should be done at least twice a day for at least two weeks. After this period, you will feel that you can make deeper and effective breaths, you will decrease shortness of breath, fatigue will disappear and the well-being will improve.